How USBA Safeguards Your Privacy
The Uniformed Services Benefit Association (USBA) knows you want us to keep your personal information private and secure. We’re committed to doing this and have policies in place to protect your privacy. We’ve built our business with integrity, honesty, and trust. And we’ll protect your privacy with those values in mind.
The provisions of this notice apply to both current customers and former customers, unless we state otherwise.
We offer group life insurance through USBA, and other insurance and financial services through USBA Services, Inc. (our wholly owned subsidiary). In order to provide these services, we collect personal information about you. Some of this is called "nonpublic personal information," which includes personally identifiable information that is not publicly available, that is provided by you, obtained by us for nonaffiliated third parties, or that results from your transactions with us. As we collect and maintain this information, we pledge to:
- Collect only information needed to deliver superior products and services.
- Control access to your information, both in the office and on the Internet.
- Keep your health information private and NEVER disclose it to nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
- Require strict standards from nonaffiliated providers that help us process transactions.
- Keep your personal information confidential, and let you choose whether or not you are mailed marketing offers from nonaffiliated providers with whom we do business.
- Remind you of our policy at least once a year.
Here’s How We Keep Your Information Private
Access is limited to personnel who need the information to provide or administer products and services. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural
safeguards that meet or exceed state and federal regulations. And
we continually update and improve our security standards, procedures
and technology, to help us protect against anyone gaining unauthorized access to your confidential information.
Categories of Information We Collect and May Disclose
In the normal course of business we may collect the following types
of personal information:
- Information you give us on applications and other forms (such as name, address, date of birth, social security number, health information, and
- Information about your transactions (such as your policy coverage, premiums and payment history).
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency (such as your creditworthiness and credit history).
- Information about you from our affiliates or other sources (such as publicly available records).
We may disclose any of the above information we collect to affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, in the manner described below.
Information We May Share with Affiliates
USBA and USBA Services, Inc. are affiliated companies engaged in the sale of life and health insurance. The law permits us to share between our affiliates any information about our transactions and experiences with you. In order to offer you a broad range of products and services, and to better serve you, we may share between our affiliates some or all of the personal information that we obtain from our transactions and experiences with you.
We otherwise do not share any personal information about our customers between our affiliates, except as permitted or required by law.
Information We May Share with Nonaffiliated Third Parties
Nonaffiliated third parties are companies not controlled by USBA.
- We do not sell personal information about our customers to nonaffiliated third parties.
- We do not disclose personal health information about our customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as authorized or required by law.
- We may share the personal information we obtain about you (as described above) with financial institutions (such as insurance underwriting companies, insurance agents and brokers, and banks) with whom we have joint marketing agreements, or to non-financial companies who perform services on our behalf.
- We may also disclose such personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law, including disclosures necessary to process and service your account, to protect against fraud, in response to a subpoena or government inquiry, to protect the security or confidentiality of our records, or with your consent.
We otherwise do not disclose any personal information about our customers to any other nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted or
required by law.
If you do not want us to share your information in the ways described above, simply call (800) 821-7912 and let us know.