Get military discounts on consumer goods, tactical gear, sports events and more
Have you heard about GovX.com? It’s a money-saving website for those of us who are serving or have served our country. Because you’re active, reserve, veteran, retired or transitioning military (or a dependent), you can sign up for GovX online and qualify for the lowest prices on the web for 300+ popular brands. Get instant access to over 50,000 products and event tickets at well below retail.
More good news—GovX membership is free! You can sign up online in just a few minutes.
GovX membership gives you discounted access to premium brands such as Ray-Ban, Champion, ProFlowers, Zippo, Sony, 5.11 Tactical, Nike, Adidas, Garmin and hundreds more. You’ll also pay less for tickets to watch your favorite professional sports teams, concerts, stage shows and more. Plus, GovX members qualify for discounts from Uber, Match.com and OurTime.com.
GovX membership is available exclusively to those who are serving or have served in the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and National Guard, as well as our nation s first responders and employees of other government-related agencies. Check it out.
Who Do You Protect? Show us and you could win $500
This September during Life Insurance Awareness Month, we’re asking you to join us in a very important mission. It could put $500 cash in your pocket.
Help us get this important message out to all military families: Life insurance isn’t for the person buying it. Life insurance is for those you love and want to protect.
Spreading the word is fun, easy and could win you a cash prize. Just select a cute photo of your own loved ones, write a caption, then enter it in our #WhoIProtect photo contest. There are 3 ways to enter:
- Enter directly on our Facebook contest page here.
- Upload your photo on Twitter using the hashtag #WhoIProtect and “USBA” in your post.
- Sign in to your Instagram account and post the photo to your page with the hashtag #WhoIProtect and “USBA” in your description.
Encourage your friends and family to vote for your entry on Facebook by sharing your entry via Facebook during the voting period. The Grand Prize photo receiving the most votes wins $500 and will be featured as the USBA cover photo! Two runners-up will each receive $250.
- Photo entries accepted Friday, September 5 thru Friday, September 19, 2014.
- Facebook voting is from Saturday, September 20 thru 11:59 CST, Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
- Winners will be selected on Friday, October 3, 2014.
See official photo contest rules. Make sure to LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook.
2014 USBA scholarship winners head to college
Congratulations to this year’s Dietrich Memorial Scholarship winners who are starting college this fall with financial assistance from USBA.
Andrew Hurst of Indiana is majoring in biology at Yale University. Andrew is the grandson of Norman Beesley, a Commander in the Navy and USBA member since 1972.
Brianne Hoglin of Colorado is attending Lipscomb University with a major in Exercise Science/Physiology. She is the granddaughter of Richard Hoglin, an Air Force Major and USBA member since 1989.
Andrew and Brianne were selected as recipients of the 2014 Dietrich Memorial Scholarship based on their academic achievements, leadership accomplishments and community service. This scholarship is awarded annually to deserving graduating high school seniors who are children or grandchildren of USBA members in good standing.
Now in its 24th year, this non-renewable $2,000 college-assistance grant was established in memory of former USBA Executive Director and President, the late Maj Gen William Dietrich, USAF (Ret.). General Dietrich was a charter member of USBA which was founded in 1959. Dietrich was elected to the Board of Governors in 1972 and served as USBA President from 1985 until his death on December 18, 1989. He previously had served as Executive Director.
Do you have a child or grandchild who is a senior in high school? The 2015 scholarship application is available here and must be submitted by your college-bound graduating senior no later than March 31, 2015.
Life Insurance for Military: Which of these apply to you?
At USBA, we help active, retired, and transitioning military find the right life insurance protection for their needs. Here are the 10 reasons to consider trusting USBA with life insurance to protect your family. Which applies to you?
- You’re about to leave the military and your SGLI life insurance will end 120 days after your last day of service. You want to find affordable protection to replace it.
- You’ve already transitioned from the military and now the SGLI clock is ticking. You’re on a mission to find affordable life insurance from a provider you can trust so there’s no gap in your family’s protection.
- You’re still on active duty in the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force or Coast Guard, but you need more than the SGLI maximum of $400,000. USBA coverage is portable; you can keep it in and out of the service.
- You want to supplement your SGLI with portable insurance you can keep no matter how many times you change jobs in civilian life.
- You’re looking for military-friendly coverage that includes an Emergency Death Benefit that can pay your spouse beneficiary an emergency payment of 50% of the proceeds (up to $15,000) on telephone notification of your death. This can be very helpful at a time when other money may be tied up for your family and hard to access.
- You’ve recently remarried and now have additional financial responsibilities for your blended family.
- You’ve recently married and you now have more than just yourself to think about.
- You’re over 50 and you want permanent lifetime coverage with cash value and guarantees.
- You and your spouse have a new addition in your family and you want to make sure there’s money for college should something happen to you.
- You want to make your own insurance decisions in the privacy of your home. But you’d also like to know you can talk with someone knowledgeable about your choices, someone who understands the unique needs of those who serve in the military.
USBA stands ready to assist you and your family. Get a free quote online—there’s no obligation. Or call 1-877-297-92365 to get answers to your questions.