Ready or not, it’s time to start thinking about the upcoming holidays and celebrations: Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and the New Year. And for many of us, the holidays will include gift giving. Fortunately, when you shop military-friendly retailers who offer military discounts, you can save up to 30% off on holiday gifts, decorations and so much more.
Best of all, you’re eligible for these discounts whether you’re active duty or a retired veteran of the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Details may vary by retailer, so please check individual store policies for I.D. requirements and eligible purchases.
Make the kids happy
- American Girl: Offers a 15% discount at retail locations.
- Great Wolf Lodge: Save up to 25% on family fun at their indoor water park resorts.
- Kohl’s: Find clothing, shoes, toys & more at 15% off when you shop in-store on Mondays.
- L.L.Bean: Shop and save 10% on clothing, footwear and more.
- Carters and Oshkosh B’gosh: Shipping is free to APO and FPO addresses on qualified online purchases.
Create holiday cheer with discounts from some of your favorite retailers
- JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores: Get 15% off in-store and online on holiday home décor and a large selection of crafts, fabrics, faux floral and more.
- Lowe’s: Save 10% off in-store and online on holiday decorations including lights, trees, inflatables, stockings, wreaths, and of course gifts for your family DIYer.
- Michael’s: Get a 15% discount off when you buy holiday décor and decorations including do-it-yourself project supplies.
- 1-800-Flowers: Save up to 30% off fresh flowers, delicious treats, and special gifts.
- Overstock.com: Free membership in Club O helps you save on seasonal décor, candles, kids’ toys, and other gift items.
Feed the technology need
- AT&T: Save up to 25% on unlimited wireless plans.
- US Cellular: Save 15% on wireless plans.
- Verizon: Save up to $25 per month on Verizon’s Unlimited plans.
- Apple: Save 10% on Apple products and accessories.
- Dell: Save 10% on PCs and electronics.
Don’t see your favorite retailer?
If you have a favorite place to shop and it’s not listed here, be sure to ask if they offer military discounts. You may be pleasantly surprised!
The best days to shop for holiday items
You’ve made your shopping list. You know where you can save with military discounts. Now it’s time to consider when to shop to save even more.
- Black Friday: If you don’t mind long lines and big crowds, consider shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Here’s link to store hours for this special shopping day.
- Cyber Monday: Falling on Monday, Nov. 28, this year, Cyber Monday is your chance to save big when you shop online. Take note that some stores have extended this event to Cyber Week.
- Super Saturday: The Saturday before Christmas is known for great deals for last-minute shoppers. This year, Super Saturday is Dec. 17.
USBA is a not-for-profit Association that provides group life insurance, health insurance supplements, and other products and services to military personnel, Federal employees, National Guard and Reserve members, Veterans and their families.