Where can you find veteran job fairs and other employment resources for transitioning military?
If you are taking up a civilian job search in 2020, veteran job fairs and military hiring conferences are a great way to research, network and learn about possible fields and positions that might suit you.
We’ve put together some handy online resources to help you get the most out of your search.
2020 job fairs and more:
- Learn more about hiring conferences.
- Find veteran job fairs near you or online from now through December 2020.
- Get the most out of attending veteran job fairs by reading this USBA white paper on How to Work a Job Fair.
- You’ll find free access to an entire library of white papers at the USBA Military Jobs Center.
- Bookmark and visit Hiring Our Heroes. This U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation initiative helps veterans, transitioning service members, and military spouses find meaningful civilian employment. This initiative also has a resume engine that can help you translate your military skills into skills sought after in the civilian job market.
If you’re in the area Tuesday, February 11th, plan to attend the 3rd Annual Greater Kansas City Veterans Career & Transition Fair. Kansas City area companies, local and federal government agencies will be attending to hire active service members and veterans. Participants will have an opportunity to network with other veterans who have successfully transitioned and are currently working in the Kansas City area.
Employment Workshops 9:30 – 11:30 AM
Lunch for Job Seekers 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Kickoff and Job Fair Exhibit Hall 12:30 – 4:00 PM
Overland Park Convention Center
6000 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66211
- Get input on opportunities from area companies that value your military skills, training and service.
- Attend workshops on employment readiness and interview prep.
- Learn how to align your military skills with existing and emerging career opportunities.
- Attending companies and government agencies include: Garmin, Sprint, Hallmark, Social Security Administration, U.S. Dept. of Labor, U.S. Postal Service, Children’s Mercy Hospital, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, TMC Transportation, Ecolab, Terracon, Marriott and many more.
- Bring plenty of resumes!
Entry is FREE, so reserve your spot today.
Sponsors of the career fair include: USBA, the Fort Leavenworth Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program, Grantham University, Andy Darling and Goodman & Gravely Insurance, Maciel Wealth Management, Kansas City Veterans Coalition, and the Overland Park Convention Center.
USBA is a not-for-profit association that provides affordable group life insurance, health insurance supplements, and other services to military personnel, Federal employees, National Guard and Reserve members, Veterans and their families.