Your health insurance covers you when you’re ill. Your life insurance provides financial security for your loved ones in the event of your death. But what happens if you have an accident? Whether you’re a weekend warrior injured playing sports with your buddies, you’re hurt in a car accident, or you fall off a ladder while cleaning the gutters, the financial implications of a serious injury can be sudden and devastating if you’re unprepared.
That’s where accident insurance comes in. As a USBA Member, you can purchase Group Comprehensive Accident Insurance for you and your eligible spouse and benefit from three types of accident coverage within a single policy. So, whether you’re on or off the job, you’re protected 24/7 from a variety expenses typically not covered by your health insurance.
Key Benefits of USBA Group Comprehensive Accident Insurance
- Acceptance is guaranteed: Eligible Members and spouses who are not on active duty, work full time (at least 20 hours per week) and are ages 18-59 do not need to complete a medical exam or answer health questions.1 Simply complete a short application form.
- Accidental death benefit: $100,000 for a covered accidental death if death occurs within 365 days of the original accident that caused the fatal injury.
- Accident disability income benefit: $1,000 per month for up to 12 months, after a 30-day waiting period. Benefit is payable if you are totally disabled and unable to perform the activities of your occupation as a result of the covered accident.
- Accident hospital indemnity benefit: $100 per day for hospitalization for up to 500 days. For visits that do not require hospitalization, you’ll be paid a $50 outpatient emergency accident benefit once per calendar year.
- Cash benefit is paid directly to you. With this coverage, the benefit is paid directly to the insured for injuries.2
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Once you receive your Certificate of Insurance, if you are not completely satisfied, you can request a full refund without claim, within 30 days – no questions asked.
Coverage that Fits Your Budget
The USBA Group Comprehensive Accident Insurance Plan premium is $34.00 per month. You can choose to pay quarterly, semi-annually or annually via Direct Bill or USBA EZ Pay. The rate is current as of 2022.
The rate may be changed by New York Life Insurance Company on any premium due date and any date on which benefits are changed. However, your rate may change only if they are changed for an entire class of insureds.
When coverage ends
Coverage ends the earlier of when you turn age 65, when you are no longer a Member, no longer working full time, premium is not paid when due, when you enter the Armed Forces, when you request that coverage be terminated, or when the group policy is terminated.
Please see your Certificate of Insurance for all the details.
It’s Easy to Apply
If you’re ready to ensure greater peace of mind, you can apply online or complete a brief application form, including signature, date and payment. You’ll then receive your Certificate in the mail, and you have a full 30 days to review it carefully.
If you have questions, please call us at 800-368-7021.
1Eligible USBA Members and their spouses ages 18-59 who are working full time (at least 20 hours per week) and not on active duty.
2Benefit is paid for injuries sustained from a covered accident. This coverage does not provide coverage for sickness.
USBA is a not-for-profit Association that provides group life insurance, health insurance supplements, and other products and services to military personnel, Federal employees, National Guard and Reserve members, Veterans and their families.